Thursday 17 February 2011

Egad! Zhodani!

25mm Ventaurans by Denizen Miniatures

It's my birthday today, I'm four pages from the end of a massive edit job I've been doing for Spica Publishing, I have the day off and the weather is beautiful, and Tony from
Eureka Miniatures has just emailed me to see if I'm still interested in the 15mm versions of the Ventaurans that have been in the Eureka Miniatures' 300 Club since 2007!

It would appear that there has finally been sufficient interest, and sufficient people, that Eureka is looking at possibly getting Mike Broadbent to sculpt 15mm versions of the Denizen 25mm figures. Fantastic!

From what Tony says in his email, it would appear that the helmeted figures are a definate "go". I, personally, would like the helmetless figure as an officer as well. No word on the droids, so perhaps these are not the droids we are looking for.

If the Ventaurans look like the sort of armoured trooper you've been waiting for, I would suggest getting over to the Eureka site and pre-ordering some to help ensure they get into production.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this news Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, hope to pick some up myself. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problems, guys. Mark at Dropship Horizon is rather dismissive of the 25mm versions and, by inference, the 15mm range, but my feeling is that we have yet to see whether Mike Broadbent will do "little versions" of the 25mm range, or whether he will use them as inspriation for a more dynamic line.

    As the poses go, I think the 25mm figures compare favourably to a lot of 15mm figures on the market (I'm thinking CMG ARC Fleet and a lot of Rebel Minis). I would like them to pose more like GZG's New Israelis or new NAC, but not a lot of other producers are doing that either.

    But, at the end of the day, it's about personal choice and i happen to like the design of the the Ventaurans and look forward to seeing them in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete