Saturday 1 September 2012

Website Update #17

CMG Mercenary Fighter, GZG UNSC Marine, Highlander Studios Grath gangster
Finally finished some more painting, and then discovered a bug in the Coffee Cup FTP software I use that prevents the website from showing newly uploaded photos (in fact any sort of .jpg or .png type file).

After a bit of fiddling around, I discovered a thread on the Coffee Cup forum which offered a possible fix - it would appear that when I had to reload a lot of software after my Great Computer Crash in July, I installed a newer version of Coffee Cup. Now, with freeware, you get exactly what you pay for, and this new version seems to automatically treat graphics files as ASCI text, which means the website can't read the graphics files. This is fixable if, prior to FTPing the graphics files, one changes a setting from Auto to Binary. I did this, and my pictures loaded.

Yay, me!

Website modeling log is here

No comments:

Post a Comment